Did you give it up? Did you give it up? May 30, 2023


 You know that old Army commercial, "I do more before 9 AM then most people do all day"?  That is me for the most part.  It is currently 7:34 AM (exactly) and I have sent Tiffany an email, made coffee, screwed down deck boards, pulled some weeds (clover) from the flower garden, checked the vegetable garden (and the grapes that I am not sure will make it), and checked the herb garden.  Some people don't accomplish that much in a single day.  I feel a bit blessed that I am still capable of doing these things and I was confident today when I was outside thinking about putting raised beds right in front of the house that I will be here next year to take care of them.  I will beat the odds damn it!

This morning, I didn't feel so hot when I first woke up.  I think I was dehydrated as a bit of water and some physical activity and feel so much better.  I got out (as you see above) and walked the yard a bit.  Got some nice flowers coming up:




Of course, one has the advantage of being thyme so I get to eat that as well.  I love that about herbs, flowers and flavor - what an amazing combination!  

Tomorrow we head to NJ for bloodwork, scans, and then Thursday we meet with the oncologist and will be doing something with the pump (I suspect we will fill with saline in anticipation of chemo in a couple of weeks).  Chemo will be my life I am sure until the end.  It has kept the cancer at bay for this time so we (chemo and I) have a love-hate relationship.  I am not too worried about the scans and bloodwork.  I am trying to be optimistic and I am pretty much just ignoring it ;)

Well, I suppose I should go get something to eat.

I love you all!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

She said, she said, "You don't know shit because you've never been there"... March 24, 2024

I won't dance, don't ask me... August 11, 2023

March 6, 2022