A few stolen moments, is all that we shared... May 8, 2023


 It is nearly two months from my surgery (next week).  I am starting to feel a little better.  I did some outside work with the drains on Saturday.  It really wiped me out and I spent most of Sunday resting/recovering.  I have a way to go to get my body back into some level of shape.  One of the things I need to do is not get stoned in the AM as that just leads to laziness.  Going back to work will probably help with that as I don't get stoned when I need to work.  However, getting back to work will distract me from getting things done around the house.  

I guess we will see how that all goes.

Tiffany had mentioned me finding something else, but how do you go about job hunting with stage IV cancer?  It is a pretty legitimate question.  Are you required to tell your employer that you have cancer (you're not, but seems strange to hide it and they will find out soon enough as you start taking time off for chemo)?  I just know that I am not happy at my current role.  It will be hard for me to get any where near my former/current salary without going back to Corning.  There just aren't enough large businesses in the region with a pay scale to accommodate me. I guess I can shop around, look for remote work as well.  There is also the problem that I really don't want to work - that doesn't help at all.

Well, it's late and I need to start packing for NYC - let's hope these drains come out.

I love you all!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

She said, she said, "You don't know shit because you've never been there"... March 24, 2024

I won't dance, don't ask me... August 11, 2023

March 6, 2022