It's getting late, have you seen my mates? May 11, 2023

 


I know it isn't Saturday, but that song is stuck in my head :) 

So quick trip to NYC and I no longer have the drains.  It has been nice to sleep the last couple of nights (one in NYC and one at home) without the drains hanging out of me.  Other than bandages on my skin, I have nothing hanging off my body for the first time since August of 2022 - nearly 9 months.  Now I know that people live their entire lives with ostomy bags, but since there was an option to get back to normal we took it and I am so happy about it.

My bowels haven't adjusted yet, but they tell me that could take up to a year or more.  I guess it takes a while to rebuild the chemistry in your gut.  Still, I will take the frequent bathroom visits and sore ass over the ostomy.  I was getting pretty sick prior to surgery and we are pretty certain it was the bag and the fact that I was not absorbing any nutrients.  I was 175 at the DR's office on Tuesday so I am pretty damn slim (for me) at the moment.  With that said, I don't look so bad slim it has just been a long time since I was this skinny (a long time).

Getting back to the bags being gone, it is nice to be able to hug the dogs as they are no longer afraid of me and Squirt can not sit on my chest and head butt me.

Well, have to run to the loo :(

I love you all!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

She said, she said, "You don't know shit because you've never been there"... March 24, 2024

I won't dance, don't ask me... August 11, 2023

March 6, 2022