Smack, crack, bushwacked. Tie another one to the racks, baby... May 3, 2023


 I don't want to be up.  Bear needed to go the bathroom at 5:50 so here we are.  I am a little stoned and will probably get a lot stoned and go back to sleep, but we will see.  I am having a cup of coffee as well so they will compete for my general motivation level.

I got up and ate way too much sugar the last two nights.  I have to control that.  I know it is the weed, but the weed also makes me tired and able to go back to sleep with these damn things hanging out of me.  The drains are an annoyance.  Not just because they are hanging by my side, but they feel like a constant bee sting on my right side.  The lower one hurts all the time.  It is also the one that all of a sudden isn't draining.  Maybe the catheter is blocked or something similar.  As much as this drainage process is a pain I guess it is safer than surgical drainage.  Or at least that is what the "internets" say.

It has been raining and just about 50 degrees every day for the past few days (weeks).  I know we need the rain as we didn't get a lot of snow this winter.  The rain barrel is full and I don't even have things planted yet (in that side garden).  I need to get busy on my growing and planning, but I need more beds and I am not in the shape to build them (damn drains - if it wasn't for these abscesses I could be banging away on them - I would probably be doing chemo as well).  I am hoping to get some starter plants from my nephew (the good stuff) and I would like to get more herbs and veggies going.  Maybe this weekend while Tiffany is mowing I will get to some planning and organization for the gardens.  I have to clean up the garden where we buried New Cat.  Problem with that garden is getting the oregano under control.  It does have pretty flowers and smells nice.  I do use it in cooking when I think about it.  It is so much better than the dried stuff (basil as well - have to start some of that :) ).  I had some basil going, but it all dried out during the long time in NYC.

It is one week until I have to start working again.  I don't really want to, but I also can't remember the last time I "wanted" to work.  I do it, and I do it well, but I don't think I have ever really enjoyed working.  I liked teaching and having my own company; well, most of the the time I did.  I guess there is really no perfect job that you just want to do.  It is the money, honestly, that drove me to work.  I know that I wouldn't just sit around if I didn't have to work.  I would volunteer at an animal shelter or teach tech for free at a community education center.  You know something that I would enjoy.  I know I wouldn't do my current job, or the corporate IT thing.  I wonder if they have any community gardens in Elmira.  I wonder how quickly the kids would trash it if we tried to have one.  Don't really need a community garden is Erin as most of the residents have enough property to grow on their land.  I suppose most of Elmira is the same with all the houses.  It isn't really like a large city with limited green space.  

I really wouldn't mind putting raised beds up on the top of the yard with tomatoes, herbs, and some other veggies and putting a note that says take what you need.  I don't think the kids would vandalize it, there doesn't seem to be those types of kids in town any more, but I would find out real quick wouldn't I?

Well, I guess the coffee is going to win at first so I am going to get the dishes done.

I love you all!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

She said, she said, "You don't know shit because you've never been there"... March 24, 2024

I won't dance, don't ask me... August 11, 2023

March 6, 2022