She's got a way about her... July 9, 2023

 

So I accidentally didn't post yesterday's blog, but it is there now.  It will look like I did 2 today other than the injected date in the title.

I'm listening to Hawaiian music, its rainy and cool outside.  Sometimes when things are really wet I can smell the green lush of the islands.  I do miss it at times, but not the cost of living, the difficulty to fit in as a white man in the islands, etc..

I'm getting a little worried that Tiffany is needing to get out of the house.  I know this sitting around doing nothing is worrying here.  I just don't know what to do other than eating out at night.  She doesn't really like going to the movies and I am scared of eating food out of the house.  I need to think of something for us to do.  Just not sure what people do that doesn't involve alcohol and food.

As I mentioned in yesterday's post I pull the trigger on a Traeger.  Just to get back to the business of smoking meets and other things, but she doesn't eat meat any more (well most meets) so I really have a small menu to choose from as she doesn't eat a lot of the traditional vegetarian foods (tofu, etc.).  I need to look through some of her vegetarian recipe books to find meals she will eat and that we can eat together.

If it isn't pouring today, I may reverse sear a steak coming off the Traeger with good smoke flavor.  We will see.

Many of last year's perennials did come back.  I should start identifying their leaves so I can ensure I am not yanking them as weeds next year.


I really like growing the flowers (thus far they really just need watering).  I am attempting to pull some lupine seeds and see if I can propagate them.  I would like to try doing some more seed collection from the plants to try my hand at it.  

Speaking of gardening, the outside weed plant is doing ok.  I seem to have a hole eating bug on all the gardens.  I don't spray so I get what I get.  The outdoor plant isn't growing as fast as I would like and has some yellowing of the leaves, but I suspect that is over watering (we have had lots of rain).  It is getting height on it so that is a good thing.  The other cutting that Matt gave me has gone right to flower so I suspect it was off a plant that had flowers or was about to.  The last one is struggling, but we will see what we can do with it.  I am hoping that the outdoor plant can give some more cuttings and get me into late season and help with indoor propagation.  I wish I had taken up this gardening thing earlier.  I really do enjoy it.  Something about getting your hands in dirt and seeing things grow.

Well, I think I will eat and see how my gut takes it.

I love you all.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

She said, she said, "You don't know shit because you've never been there"... March 24, 2024

I won't dance, don't ask me... August 11, 2023

March 6, 2022