Look into my eyes You will see, what you mean to me... June 30, 2023


 It is a nice morning this morning.  Of course I am going to have an emergency shit any moment, but that is a whole separate conversation now isn't it.  Now that I am back from that...

The early summer walks around the yard have been enjoyable. (side note: I got two sentences done before I had to return to the bathroom - this shit is fucking ridiculous - and honestly just had to run to the bathroom again and shit myself on the way - this is demeaning and depressing)  To return to the statement prior to the two shits, the walks have been nice.  Even with the trailer park across the street, I love our yard and where we are.  It is so quiet in the morning.  Just birds and wind (and the occasional loud ass truck, but "We are country!" (said in my best southern accent).  I honestly can't understand how upstate NY became the south, but we did.

I am really enjoying the gardening (on a small scale) and making the yard look nice.  I did some work on the front porch (posted that picture yesterday) and finished the first stage yesterday.  It felt good to do manual labor.  I know that sounds strange, but I really did enjoy working the two 5 hour work days.  I didn't do as good a job as I could have, but it was good for a 55 year old with stage IV colorectal cancer.

As far as gardening goes, the Brussels sprouts are still doing really well and the blackberries are coming along


I am hoping to get some fruit on them this year.  

It is funny as I find a lot of the men with cancer turn to gardening.  I think the idea of growing things when you are dying makes a lot of sense in a strange way.

Well, I'm going to get my day started and I need to run to the loo (again).  

I love you all!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

She said, she said, "You don't know shit because you've never been there"... March 24, 2024

I won't dance, don't ask me... August 11, 2023

March 6, 2022