Highway run into the midnight sun... June 13, 2023

 

Things are going ok and I probably should write more.  I've been struggling to get up earlier (not sure if I am tired or just depressed).  Considering I haven't posted since the 9th, I would say I am slacking.  The return to chemo wasn't as bad as I expected and maybe it takes some time to build up in your system.  I suppose to that maybe I have less cancer as well?  Either way, I feel ok.  I hate to think that I am becoming numb to the affects of my chemo, but I suppose that is a possibility.  I am pretty numb to a lot of things and I think that shows unfortunately.

I am back at work half days and the routine is good for me, but I really don't want to go.  I kind of want to stay home and veg, play games, work on fun tech, and be with Tiffany and the girls.  Speaking of the girls, Maeve made a really tasty pasta dish yesterday.  I just tried the sauce and the pasta (not the chicken), but it was really good.  I will have to make that.

I am still really thin and kind of worried that I can't really gain a lot of weight.  I have been eating WAY TOO MUCH JUNK FOOD because of the ganga and still don't have a lot of weight to show for it.  I suppose the work I do in the yard on the weekend off-sets the gain.  It does also seem that beer adds more weight than sugar.  I say this as beer was my go-to evening treat pretty much every night of the week.  And speaking of drinking, I am getting worried about Tiffany.  She seems so stressed or depressed about things, I think I am going to get her off the couch for some exercise (Wii or Meta) and see if that helps.  I wish I had my morning energy in the evening as well, but I tend to start to get tired around 7:30ish.

I was mentioning yard work and I got a lot done on Sunday.  Was out early trimming the trees, then I took a break and had breakfast until a little later (can't be driving the tractor at 7 AM now that I have neighbors).  So I trimmed up 4 trees and a lilac bush, mowed, got some of my indoor plants outside, and helped mow up the lawn (did the dog run).  Unfortunately, I broke the weed trimmer so I won't have another one of those until Monday the 19th.  Reading that last paragraph, I sound a bit like a real boy :)

And for fun, here is the purple lupine in the side yard box:


And the yard this morning:



Well, I should eat, clean up, and get ready for work.

I love you all!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

She said, she said, "You don't know shit because you've never been there"... March 24, 2024

I won't dance, don't ask me... August 11, 2023

March 6, 2022