Isn't it rich... August 19, 2023


 

Wow, August 19th.  Nearly a year since 1st surgery and I am still going strong.  I was so scared a year ago, and I still am.  Every pain, every lightheadedness, every ailment, scares me into thinking that I don't have a lot of time, but I have to think about where I am and how I felt before.  I am not much different than I was a year ago.  I will take stability.  My worry is how much more my body can handle of chemo.  My blood tests were not so hot this last time around.  I may need to lay off the sugars again and start eating healthier - and the alcohol.  I started living like I used to as I really don't think it has much of an impact all things considered.  For God's sake I have heavy metal poisoning every two weeks.

Other than the shit above, I think things are doing ok.  I get a little pain in my side, but I am pretty certain that is my bowels which are improving some.  Again, I worry too much that I am developing new rectal/colon cancers, but I don't know if I am or not so I should stop worrying about the unknown.  We will get some more insight at the end of the month scans so I should just keep plugging along until I know for sure where I am and what the next plan is.  I'd like a chemo break, but I'll keep going if I have to.  I want to win.

Typing I want to win made me think.  I have won and I know that.  I have the love of a wonderful woman, two great kids, and a life that I think most would be jealous of (minus the cancer).  I have keep remembering that I have been blessed and that this is just a bump in what has been an amazing road and will continue to be.  

Well, I think I will go pick up the dog shit so I can mow later :)

I love you all!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

She said, she said, "You don't know shit because you've never been there"... March 24, 2024

I won't dance, don't ask me... August 11, 2023

March 6, 2022