Girl, you're gettin' that look in your eyes... August 27, 2023


 I am sitting outside this morning.  It is a little brisk (just above 60F).  I did a bit of work yesterday and my muscles are sore.  In fact, everything is sore because the dexamethasone has worn off so my old fucking joints are back to being my old joints.  I haven't got as much as I would like done on the garden as I would like.  I wouldn't say it is laziness.  I was up early yesterday and off to the dump before 8.  I'd say back outside at 11 after eating and making Maeve some breakfast and then I wasn't back in until at least 2:30 PM.   I got the dog pen mowed, the torches up and filled, the dog shit picked up, the front and side yards mowed, and the tree that was covering the road trimmed.  I also made a dinner of steak, scallops, and shrimp.  So I did something.  

Most weekends have been like that.  I get things done, but I really don't have the strength to work all day which is what this garden endeavor in my head will require. This morning I sat on the bench in front of the little herb/bird garden.


It needs to be trimmed up (note: as I sit on the deck under the gazebo a humming bird is flying all around me - I feel guilty for not keeping his feeder cleaner - he took stuff out of it), but I just can't do it as the bees are enjoying the flowers on the oregano and cat mint.  

As I sat there, I realized how much I love our home and yard.  

Well, I suppose I should get at whatever I have planned for the day.

I love you all!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

She said, she said, "You don't know shit because you've never been there"... March 24, 2024

I won't dance, don't ask me... August 11, 2023

March 6, 2022