In the early morning rain... April 24, 2023


Today we are off to NYC again.  I was hoping to get the liver drains out, but it looks like they are going to be replaced.  We really aren't sure still and that is a little annoying, but not as annoying as dragging these drains around.  Getting septic again would be horrible so I will take the drains if they feel that is necessary.  I guess my big thing is the mobility and for the love of God showering!

I have been able to eat a little more.  I am still not up to the number of calories I need to be and I am down to 175 lbs. My appetite is strange, but I at least am now to the point where I don't feel sick when I eat.  Now to get my bowels in order, but the question there is will I ever have my bowels in order again?  I suppose it beats dumping that damn bag every 30-60 minutes.  It would be nice if I could get to a point where bathroom trips are only every 2 hours :)

Speaking of appetite, it is funny how much you miss things like dairy products or veggies.  All the bland starches are great when you can smother them with other things.  Like red sauce, white sauce, sour cream, butter, etc...  they also all help add calories.  All in all, I feel much better than I did pre-surgery from a stomach and appetite standpoint.  Now to get my strength back!

Not sure I mentioned it the other day, but I got to planting again.  It was nice to get back to the gardening and I need to start doing more of it when we get back home.  Speaking of that, I need to get to watering everything.

I love you all!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

She said, she said, "You don't know shit because you've never been there"... March 24, 2024

I won't dance, don't ask me... August 11, 2023

March 6, 2022