I don't care where I go. When I am with you... April 21, 2023


 Well, we went to Westchester yesterday and found that we are doing find from a ileostomy reversal wound perspective and that Tiffany is as good at dressing my liver drains as their nurse.  The good news (I think) is that the bilirubin test in the out put was normal which might mean that Tuesday they are going to take these damn things out.

I am scared and excited all at the same time.  Scared as I don't ever want to be that sick again and excited as I want these damn things out of me.  I will be afraid at first that every lightheaded feeling or nausea will be a return to sepsis.  It was a scary experience in the hospital and I am sure terrifying at home.  Especially when every ambulance is 30 minutes away.

I suppose I should get a little write up about what bacteria it was, what anti-biotic they used to treat, etc...  That way I may feel more at ease that Tiffany could just hand that to an emergency room Dr.

I honestly cannot wait to take a proper shower - if they are getting removed and I can shower afterwards, it will be one of the first things I do.

Ok - I need water and to get ready to eat (have to wait 30 minutes due to medication.  Don't usually want to eat in the AM anymore - strange as I used to be starving).

I love you all! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

She said, she said, "You don't know shit because you've never been there"... March 24, 2024

I won't dance, don't ask me... August 11, 2023

March 6, 2022