I've been away a year and a day... September 8, 2023


 I can't believe it is getting to the end of the summer.  So many things I want to do and so little time.  I just read my blog post from a year ago.  I was upbeat, realized that I had a task ahead of me with recovery (it had only been a week since surgery), and most importantly, I was grateful. Grateful for my amazing wife and wonderful daughter.  It was truly the beginning of Tiffany having to tend for me, which she has done now for quite some time.

I don't think it is that big of a task to tend for me when I am not in the middle of recovery, but after the surgeries it has been difficult.  I think the stress of both tending for me and the uncertainty of my condition combines to weigh on everyone.

I have been in a bit of a funk lately and I need to get out and garden/work this weekend (if the weather allows it).  The darkness of winter will start to set in more and more which will cause me to creep towards depression.  I will have more time in the morning to write in this blog, but in about a month (maybe 2) I will not be able to go out in the AM for my walk.  It will be too cold, things will be dead, and it will be dark until 7.  All these things combine to drag me down.

Well, I am going to get on the bike for bit to try and get "things" moving along.

I love you all!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

She said, she said, "You don't know shit because you've never been there"... March 24, 2024

I won't dance, don't ask me... August 11, 2023

March 6, 2022