There'll be no strings to bind your hands... October 23, 2023

 


I am going to try and make a proper post today.  I have been phoning it it in to be honest.  We are off to NJ again today for chemo.  I hope that my oncologist has put in enough time to give me some plan forward.  It has been 7 months since my surgery and 4 months of chemo so it would be nice to know what is next.  We got a good report from the last scan, tumors still shrinking, one wasn't visible in this scan.  I am happy about that and scared that the cancer may be elsewhere.

I have been tired and nauseous as of late.  I think it is a little bit chemo, a little bit my messed up insides, and a bit depression.  I really have to get myself back into gear, exercise, eating better (whatever that means), etc...  I'd been a little lightheaded over the last couple of weeks, but I think it may have been the caffeine as I was having about 4 cups or so a day.  It may also have been the water.  I don't know why it is so hard to drink 64 oz of water a day.  I know if it was beer, I'd have no issue with it.

The family has been good.  I know that Tiffany is getting sick of traveling (as I am), but we really don't have a choice.  I have come to realize that this hepatic pump is why I am alive (that and the surgeries), but they wouldn't do surgery on my liver the first time.  If not for the pump, I wouldn't be here.  Back to family though.  I get so worried about Gusty and Maeve.  Life is so different for them than it was for Tiffany and I at there ages.  I don't know what Tiffany was doing at Maeve's age (I was off in the service and in California at 21), but by Gusty's age, we were both employed and able to afford to live on our own.  I just don't know what the girls would do without us.

I know I said this would be a proper post and I did better, but I need to get back to work as it is 8:25 AM.  I don't know what I was doing all weekend, but I know Tiffany got up early all weekend, so I didn't have time to post.

I love you all!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

She said, she said, "You don't know shit because you've never been there"... March 24, 2024

I won't dance, don't ask me... August 11, 2023

March 6, 2022