We're caught in a trap... July 25, 2024


 Well, another week, more chemo.  I suppose at this point I can say I'm better than last treatment.  The chemo messes with my gut, but it isn't as bad as it has been in the past couple so maybe I am getting past this norovirus.  I have been feeling bad about not being a very good husband.  I try to keep up around the house and do my fair share, but I just don't feel like I am showing Tiffany enough love.  I am not sure how I can as she has done so much for me that I can't think of any way that I can give back to her the sacrifices and work she has done for me.  I'm trying.

The sunrises have gotten to the point that it is nearly 6 AM before it gets light outside.  This time of year always depresses me.  The evenings are fine as it starts to get cooler and that is great for us sleeping and not running the AC all night, however it signals to they fact that soon we will be locked into the house as no one likes winter here.

The gardening is going ok this year.  A lot of my seed didn't come up and I figured out why so I have work to do on that next year (yes next year).  I am always over zealous as to what I think I can do and what I actually can get done.  I do tell myself if I worked at it harder I would get more done, but if I am being honest with myself, there are some days when I do outside work that I am so tired I'm not sure how I could do anymore than I have.

My important crop is doing well and I have expanded to see how growing in the ground does vs. raised bed vs. fabric pot.  Thus far, I find the raised bed to be easiest to maintain with the best growth.  Like this (though this bed has been going the longest):



If all goes well, I should have a nice harvest this year.

Speaking of harvest, we have been eating some of the early cucumbers and they are delicious.  The echinacea is pretty this year as well.  I order some more for out front as I really like the color and the long blooms.


Well, I suppose I should get to work.

I love you all!




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

March 6, 2022

She said, she said, "You don't know shit because you've never been there"... March 24, 2024

Down at the Astoria the scene was changing... February 12, 2023