I know you wanna leave me... July 22, 2024


 The morning sun rise is getting pretty close to 6 AM.  The dreaded end of summer is coming and it makes me sad.  How did it get to be the end of July?  

I just started to feel a bit better and of course it is time for chemo again.  I am terrified that the chemo is no longer working, but I won't know until late next week as next scans are up.  I think all in all we removed on treatment cycle, but we dropped the pump as it would seem that the chemo was injuring my liver to a point that it is counter productive I guess.  The oncologist commented in his notes that a continued reduction in dosage is not possible as we already have a low dose.

Things in the house are going well.  I keep thinking we should be doing more "fun" things, but then I don't know what those are.  I mean I still have to work full time and then we travel to NJ every two weeks, so when would I be doing anything fun.  Takes a good 7 days to recover from chemo, then it is right back at it after one weekend of break.  Maybe some have a more adventurous spirit/life than me, but I am pretty good sitting out here on my deck with my pups, listening to the birds, and Handel's Water Music.  

My test gardening is mixed results this year.  I really wanted to do lots of salsa peppers, but none of the seeds came up.  I am going to do some tests this winter in the tents and see what I get.  However, the grapes seem to have recovered well, the blackberries are great, the raspberries may actually give fruit this year, and the weed is banging.  So, I got all that going from me.  The main thing is the weed.  I really do use all of that.


Well, it is time to get the day going.

I love you all!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

March 6, 2022

She said, she said, "You don't know shit because you've never been there"... March 24, 2024

Down at the Astoria the scene was changing... February 12, 2023