Step by step, heart to heart... July 12, 2024


 It has been such a long time since I have written and that is probably because my mornings are spent outside gardening and wandering.  Anything but work, you know?  Things have taken a bit of a turn and my oncologist's notes are beginning to talk about management more than curative items.  Not that he ever said cure, but you can read between the lines.

The inevitable happened and I picked up a virus.  The stomach flu (norovirus) of all things.  Just what the guy with bad insides needed.  I ended up in the hospital a couple of times due to dehydration and I think I am past it now, but I had to have it for about a month or more.

Things around the house are good, I have the gardening going well and have expanded beyond the raised beds and I am moving into landscaping.  I am trying to make hardy zone 5 flowering landscaped to attract the bees and other pollinators to the yard.  My grapes and blackberries are doing ok, but I am battling the shit out of the Japanese beetles this year.  They are terrible.  It must have been a result of the warm winter months.

Sunrise has begun to get later in the day (5:42 AM today) and this depresses me.  I know that I still have 1/2 of July and August until we start getting the cold and dark mornings, but time keeps going by so fast anymore.  It was slow for a while, but not so much now.  I don't appreciate the winter other than knowing the spring is coming (and the bug reduction).

I suggested Tiffany and I go to her brother's this weekend.  I need to get the two of them together as when I pass, he will be so important to her and I need them to have a good relationship where they can spend time together.  They are both very much like their father so someone has to instigate the family socialization.

Oh, and I made banana mix-berry muffins with a citrus glaze yesterday.  Removing the baking time (which isn't work) it only took about 20 minutes to throw it all together and they turned out really well.  Something different for my sweet craving and it was all from scratch so I know what it is in it.

Well, I have 20 minutes until it gets light enough to walk the gardens.  I guess I will grab some grub.

I love you all!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

March 6, 2022

She said, she said, "You don't know shit because you've never been there"... March 24, 2024

Down at the Astoria the scene was changing... February 12, 2023