It's in the singing of a street corner choir... December 23, 2023


 

Well, it is Dec 23, 2023.  I've made it to another Christmas.  Well not actually Christmas day yet, though I am pretty sure I will make a couple more days (I mean I am definitively sure I will make it a couple days) and many more Christmases, but it isn't about a day, it's the season.  God, I loved Christmas as a kid.  It wasn't only the presents, but there was so much wonder about how all the presents came, so much hope that all that Christmas was supposed to be, could be. It was just the overwhelming feeling that there really could be peace on earth and that maybe I could have that much joy in my heart all year long.

I know that I have swayed from that youthful exuberance over the years.  And I am many years away from being excited about an unknown gift under the tree.  However, if I have learned anything over the last couple of years is that everyday is an unknown gift.  I still hold so much hope in my heart that we could find a way to truly have joy and contentment within us as peace is not something that happens to others, it is something that happens within you.  I know that now more than I ever have.  

So when I ask myself why Christmas hasn't filled me with the joy like it had as a child, it is not because of the world or my intellectual approach to everything driving a wedge into belief and faith.  It is because I have let the negativity and those that don't carry love for everyone sway me and pull me away from joy.  I am trying very hard not to let the world influence me and if I can just make one person understand that you can be facing a pile of insurmountable bullshit and still be caring about others, than I may have done some good, without money, or presents, or even miracles.  Just me being me.

I love you all so very much

Merry Christmas

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

She said, she said, "You don't know shit because you've never been there"... March 24, 2024

I won't dance, don't ask me... August 11, 2023

March 6, 2022