I'm going out of my mind these days... February 10, 2024

 


As of yesterday, it has been two years since I started writing this mess.  I tried to read some of the old posts, but you can tell I didn't proof read them :)  This is really just a brain dump at the time.  Sometimes, I talk about things that matter and others I just update my status.  The whole purpose of this blog was so my family could look back on it later and know how much I loved them and what I was thinking/feeling at the time.  I think you get the frustration from the entries and that I think about my wife and kids a lot.

I have been struggling lately with motivation, what I should be doing, etc.  I spent most of my life combining family and socialization items with alcohol, so it is hard for me to think of "what did I used to do".  When I really give it some thought, my early youth was sports as often as possible, early video games (think Atari), and then hanging and drinking with friends.  My middle years were basically, working (and deployments), outdoor items (hiking, beach) and partying at night when I had money.  My latter years were working (mostly), drinking, weekend (drinking), rinse, and repeat.  Don't get me wrong as there were lots of things in there, building an addition and other items, vacations, etc...  but I didn't have a regular activity/hobby other than nerd stuff.  I guess I am kind of boring.  Most of my adult life, I didn't have free time to explore other items or it seems that way.  I did work a lot, especially the 10 years before cancer.

Well, I am going to have some fun now before all the running around of the day.

I love you all!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

She said, she said, "You don't know shit because you've never been there"... March 24, 2024

I won't dance, don't ask me... August 11, 2023

March 6, 2022