Mississippi in the middle of a dry spell... September 13, 2024

 


I suppose I should have put a Friday the 13th kind of song at the title.  As normal, the song title never relates to what I write.  Just happens to be either stuck in my head of the first song I think of (that I haven't put on the title before).

Things are going ok.  Tiffany and I keep passing this damn intestinal bug back and forth, but she seems to have it worse than I do and more.  It was hard for me to kick and I am pretty sure I had it for months.

Ablation went well from a recovery stand point.  Just a little pain now that we are coming to the end of the 2nd week moving into the third.  My hernias seem to bother me more than anything.  The oncologist doesn't recommend getting them fixed at this time. He is a hard read, but he made it pretty clear he doesn't recommend fixing them at all.  I get to thinking he is just trying to keep me alive and anything that interferes with that is on the don't do it list.

All in all though, I could be in worse places.  I haven't had chemo in a while so my head is coming back.  That is good and bad as it makes me think about all the things I should be doing and generally that is work-ish type things (garden clean up, yard work, house clean up, etc... etc...).  At least chemo brain kept my head from wondering.

I know it has been a while since I have written, but not much changes.  Treatment, being sick, some type of procedure, repeat.  Oh, and squeeze in monetary scares and lose of insurance, etc...  So much fucking fun.

Well, have to get ready to go to work.

I love you all!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

March 6, 2022

She said, she said, "You don't know shit because you've never been there"... March 24, 2024

Down at the Astoria the scene was changing... February 12, 2023